Samford Hall

Built in 1888-90 and renovated in 1971, the building is a successor to the first "Old Main" that occupied the site. The original building, which was the first at the old East Alabama Male College, burned in 1887 after nearly three decades of service. Samford Hall is named for William James Samford, Alabama's 31st governor, who was from Lee County and was a student at the East Alabama Male College before the Civil War. Today Samford Hall serves as the university's administrative headquarters. Samford Park is located directly in front of Samford Hall. This outdoor space is a favorite spot in the Auburn Community.

Samford Hall
Samford Hall View map

182 South College Street Auburn, Alabama 36849

Built in 1888-90 and renovated in 1971, the building is a successor to the first "Old Main" that occupied the site. The original building, which was the first at the old East Alabama Male College, burned in 1887 after nearly three decades of service. Samford Hall is named for William James Samford, Alabama's 31st governor, who was from Lee County and was a student at the East Alabama Male College before the Civil War. Today Samford Hall serves as the university's administrative headquarters.

Samford Park is located directly in front of Samford Hall. This outdoor space is a favorite spot in the Auburn Community.

Place Details

1 Person follow this place

Upcoming Events (1)

View full calendar

Recent Activity